Go Paperless with Building Files. Whether you manage a single building, an entire facility, multi-complexes, or are looking for a place to store your documents and construction drawings. We can accommodate all of your digital conversion and file storage needs.
Building Files Document conversion service employs the use of portable high resolution scanning and processing equipment allowing our technicians to convert your paper documents on site and instantly upload them directly to your Building Files project, or we can pick up your documents and convert them in our facilities. The conversion process is quick, typically requiring only a few short weeks to complete the entire conversion of a multiple building facility's file room.
Paper documents degrade with time and can be difficult to keep up to date. Converting to digital also converts your documents into a indestructible media combined with redundant cloud storage guaranteeing your documents will never be lost, torn, burnt, disintegrated or unreadable ever again. Digital conversion can also improve the readability of some worn, torn, or faded documents, revitalizing old documents for future reference.
Our File management tools provide an affordable web-based Building Information Management system (BIM). The easy-to-use dashboard and tools enable you to set up your file structure to mimic your existing file index or project management system. This virtual File Room can be used as a traditional file sharing platform for uploading, downloading, storing, organizing multiple project files, or as a facility file management system. The project dashboard can be simply maintained by a project manager and populated throughout the construction and close out document process by your team.
Problem: File Management
- Documents such as building drawings, O&M's, equipment specifications, CD's, or any paper files occupy valuable real-estate.
- Costly materials, equipment, and maintenance is needed for Plotters, Copiers, Printers, Scanners, paper, ink, flat files, mailing accessories and other items such as tape, 3-ring binders, straight edge, scissors, staplers, elastics etc.
- Labor is needed to maintain file indexes, make copies, quality control, secure all project close-out documents and as-built's and filed appropriately.
- Maintaining the accuracy of paper files is difficult or impossible. Constant policing of the files is needed to know who has access, what was signed in/out and if files were returned to the correct location.
- Integrity of paper degrades with time. Many old files are dry rotted, ripped and beyond repair rendering them difficult or impossible to read.
- On-site file data storage on local servers is costly, difficult to manage and limited because of firewalls and IT department restrictions.
How do you make the paperless transition? Can Building Files save you time and money while maintaining the integrity of our files and limit our liability?
Solution: Building Files
- Building Files is a cloud based file management system used to organize and access your documents quickly utilizing our user friendly interface.
- Building information such as photo’s, O&M's, specifications, or any other files can be embedded into your floor plans making them more powerful and accurate while limiting the liability.
- The paper to digital transition for most clients takes 2 to 4 weeks and can be performed by our certified technicians on site with our high resolution mobile scanning equipment.
- Training to use Building Files can be done on-site, or via web meeting and usually take about an hour. We also provide a series of our helpful training video's for reference.
- Building files offers full help desk assistance and troubleshooting to quickly resolve any issues you or your team may experience.
- Most clients realize their return on investment in less than two years!
To find out more or schedule a demonstration Contact Us.